Saturday, September 24, 2011

disabled facilities=?UTF-8?B?wqA=?=grant

disabled facilities grant

business grant

I have not written about my journey towards getting a disabled facilities grant (DFG) yet.

I filled in a form and applied, an OT came to assess me and my needs – they want to see exactly what you can do and that you are not shirking when you say you need a wet room shower. I was told the process can be quite lenthy but they will not look at the application till you are in possession of the property.

I have quite a nice OT who said she thinks I will get a direct payment but I will only get help with a wet room and a door opener (eloectric). A financial assessor came and looked through my financial status and he had a look at the said flat. After all his calculations, it looks like I have to put up a hefty sum/.

Now the OT said they have to make sure that my apartment will be accessible for me to get the funding for a wet toom. There is a slight twist in their thinking that I would pay out a huge sum of money to make my appartment inaccessible – or maybe they think I am making a folly by doing what I am doing. However they refuse to help pay for the costs to make the flat accessible. I cannot quite figure out the logic – I hope it will go through smoothly.

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

~ by adaptappartment on March 22, 2009.

Posted in Uncategorized

Read this article:
business grant

No comments:

Post a Comment